Wednesday 6 May 2015

Pastelarias


Lisbon is still on my mind. Especially due to the incessant rain we've been having here for what seems like ages. How lovely it was to wander with the sun on us, dressed in sandals and summer clothes, searching the shops for sunglasses for the kids (of course if one needs a pair then the other two really do too) and sitting on our terrace with the most amazing olives and light Portuguese wine.

We can't wait to return to Portugal, for next time we have the beach in mind.  I had a dreamy vision of old pastel coloured houses and I'd heard there is a special "light" to Lisbon. What I didn't expect was how lovely the people there are particularly with children. Joseph even had strangers coming to him to stroke his hair. The other surprise we had was the....cakes. I won't pretend we are a gluten and sugar-free family, we love a fresh, traditional, handmade cake. In fact we can't live without them. Anyway, on our first morning in Lisbon with no food in the apartment, we bought breakfast at the local pastelaria, all tied up in the prettiest packaging. I'll never forget standing in the sun, each of us blown away by the deliciousness, the kids laughing at me with flakes stuck over my teeth. Enjoy the pictures (no funny ones of flaky teeth I'm afraid) x
P.S. the sugar was totally walked off every day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment