Sunday 4 January 2015

1 / 52


"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2015."

Anya: pensive; she writes the lyrics to her favourite songs and calls them poems.

The main reason why I decided to create this space was photography.  I am totally fascinated by good photography and could spend hours pouring over beautiful images.  Personally, I am nowhere near taking great pictures and have a lot to learn and to improve upon.  But I've never been without a camera, even as a child when I was showed the basics by my father who also shares this passion.  To this day, one of my treasured possessions is his old Canon analogue camera which takes such soft images.  I still get a warm feeling when I load it with film. 

I've decided to join in on The 52 Project after admiring Jodi's beautiful pictures for a long time.  I love the idea of documenting the children in this way, learning and experimenting more with photography and having a collection of favourite personal photographs by the end of 2015. 

*Happy New Year*

    

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful picture, you've captured her lovely flushed cheeks and the green of the grass tying in with her coat. I think 2015 will bring lots of lovely pictures from your camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lila for your kind comment, let's hope so! x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous portrait. I too have started a space with the aim of improving my photography and documenting pieces of life in our new(ish) home for those far away. Looking forward to learning together over the year with The 52 Project!
    PS You can tell I'm new, I don't know how to avoid being Anonymous...I'm Nasreen from nuragheandnougat.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nasreen - I'm sure that doing the project will motivate and teach us. Bring it on ;)

      Delete